Veg momos @home. Veg momos recipe with step by step photos. Posting one of the popular tibetan recipe of delicious vegetable momos or dim sum made from scratch 🙂. At home we love steamed momos over the fried ones.
The veg stuffing is mild in taste. So it is best to serve with any spicy dipping sauce on side. It is very easy to make at home except the shaping part. You make ready roasting broil Veg momos @home adopting 17 method than 12 along with. Here is how you sew up.
compound of Veg momos @home
- You need of Ingredients for dough-.
- You need 3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour (Maida).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Ingredients for stuffing-.
- It's 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- It's 3-4 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of finely chopped Ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped Carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped Cabbage.
- It's 1/4 cup of finely chopped Capsicum.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped Green French Beans (fanasi).
- It's 1/4 cup of finely chopped Green Onion or Onion.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Chilli Sauce.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Our range of products include Veg Momos, Paneer Momos, Chicken Momos, Mutton Momos, Veg Fried Momos and Chicken Fried Momos. They are round, soft, sumptuous and totally irresistible! No wonder Po (remember Kung Fu Panda!) was so crazy about them. Momos are indeed one of the best things that happened to the culinary world.
Veg momos @home little by little
- Finely cut all vegetables as mentioned in the ingredients section.Add 3/4 cup maida (all purpose flour), 1 teaspoon oil and salt in a large bowl..
- Mix all ingredients well and prepare a soft pliable dough (like paratha dough) by adding water as needed. Cover the dough and keep it aside for 20-25 minutes..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium flame. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add green onion and sauté for a minute..
- Add all chopped veggies (carrot, cabbage, capsicum and green beans) and salt.Mix well and sauté them for 4-5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon chilli sauce..
- Add 1/2 -1 teaspoon soy sauce.Add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder.Mix well and sauté for a minute. Turn off the flame. Stuffing for Veg Momos is ready..
- Knead the dough again for a minute and divide it into 2-equal portions. Give each portion a round cylindrical shape like cucumber. Cut each one into 6-7 equal portions with a knife as shown in the photo..
- Give each small portion a round shape like ball and flatten it a little into pattie by pressing it in between your palms. Cover them with a wet cloth or a plate to prevent them from drying..
- Place one dough pattie on a rolling board and roll it out into a thin disc (approx. 4-5 inch diameter). Roll it from sides and keep the center portion little thick compared to sides. If required, sprinkle some dry flour while rolling..
- Place approx. 1 tablespoon filling in the center. Don’t over-stuff it, otherwise it will be difficult to get a proper “potli” shape.Lift the edge from one side and start pleating (fold the edge a little inside and then little outside alternatively). Join them in the center to seal it..
- Prepare momos from remaining dough patties in a similar way.Grease a steamer plate or any other plate (it should easily fit into the steamer or a deep vessel) with oil to prevent them sticking. You can also line a plate with cabbage leaf instead of greasing the surface with oil. Arrange Veg Momos on a plate in a way that there is some space around them to expand..
- Heat 1-2 glass of water in a steamer or a deep vessel over medium flame.Place stand in the steamer and place momos plate over it. Momos should not touch the water. Cover the steamer/vessel with a lid and steam them for 6-7 minutes over medium flame or until they look little translucent and shiny. Remove the lid and check them by touching it. If they don’t feel sticky then it means they are cooked..
- Transfer them to a serving plate. Serve hot Veg Momos with Momos Chutney or Schezwan Sauce..
Ghar me Banayie bina kisi steamer ke steamed momos. Ye bohot hi lokpriya snack hai. Veg Momos recipe, a popular snack prepared with maida and vegetables and a steamed version. This is the first time I am trying veg momos. Tasted for first time as well.