Simple red lentil curry.
You prepare toasting brew Simple red lentil curry working 17 compound as a consequence 3 including. Here you go gain.
ingredients of Simple red lentil curry
- Prepare 300 grams of red lentils.
- It's 200 ml of coconut cream.
- It's 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of gloves of garlic.
- You need 2.5 cm of fresh ginger.
- You need Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of corriandar powder.
- It's 2 of green finger sized chillies.
- It's 2 of cloves.
- It's 2 of cardamoms.
- It's Half of teaspoon black peppers.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's 1 table spoon of tomato paste.
- You need of Lemon wedges to serve.
- It's of Fresh mint leaves for garnish.
- Prepare as needed of Butter or ghee.
Simple red lentil curry step by step
- Melt butter/ghee in the pot. Fry onions until they change colour. Put ginger and garlics and chillies in food processor or chopper. Add ginger and garlic and chillies to pot. Saute few seconds until you feel the aroma..
- Add cloves,cardamoms turmeric, cumin and corriandar and saute few seconds. Wash and drain red lentils two times and add them to the pot..
- Add tomato paste, salt and enought water. Bring it to boil. Cover the pot until lentils half cooked(about 10 minutes). Add coconut cream. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes. Add black pepper.Discard cardamoms and cloves. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve with naan or plain steamed rice and lemon wedges.I did not have fresh mint at home. That is why I used dried mint as you see in the photo..