Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies. These savoury hand pies are fluffy, delicious and healthy! Feta, tomato and olive oil are a classic combination but the addition of the dried thyme, makes. All-star roasted tomatoes recipe with thyme and feta!
It partners sweet tomatoes with woodsy thyme and creamy feta, then wraps it up with a buttery, flaky crust for a rustic, free-form pie that's easy While super-juicy produce like tomatoes are irresistibly delicious, they can result in a soggy crust in pies and galettes. Miniature, portable food is always more fun! While individual hand pies take a bit more work and time (this is definitely a weekend project-yet they could be stored for a weeknight dinner. You execute steaming scald Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies working 10 instructions as well as 16 including. Here you are nail it.
method of Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies
- It's 250 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 250 g of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of thyme, dried.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 250 ml of water warm.
- It's 25 g of fresh yeast (or 7g dry).
- It's 350 g of feta cheese (app.).
Low fat feta cheese instead of full-fat cheeses, providing higher levels of calcium and lower levels of lactose, while carry fewer calories than full-fat cheeses. Fresh potatoes instead of frozen, carrying a more nutrient-dense and flavorful profile. In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, thyme, vinegar and chile. Fold in the onion and feta and Spread the onion-feta mixture over the toast and arrange the tomato slices on top.
Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies in succession
- Mix yeast with sugar and 50ml of the warm water..
- In your mixer bowl, sift the two types of flour and salt..
- Add thyme and blend for a few seconds. Add the tomato paste and the olive oil and start mixing on low speed..
- Add half of the water and the yeast mixture..
- Keep adding water, little by little, and knead on medium speed for about 4 to 5 min, till your dough is smooth and elastic..
- Turn the dough out onto your work surface and give it a quick knead. Shape into a ball and put it in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean towel and let it rise for 45min..
- Flour your work surface and turn the dough out..
- Cut into 9 pieces. Each piece will make 2 hand pies. Smooth each piece with your palm and shape 9 small balls. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid skin forming..
- Take one piece of dough and roll out a small disk, about 15cm in diameter. Put 2 full tbsp in the middle and pinch the edges to seal it..
- Flatten it with your hand, then roll it out until it gets about 15cm in diameter. Roll the sheet to form a roll..
- Cut in half. Stretch each piece to get a little longer..
- Swirl both sides creating two opposite spirals. Fold in half, covering one spiral with the other. This way, you create layers of dough and cheese..
- Flatten it again and put in on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper..
- Repeat the process..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C/400°F, middle position for 15 to 17min. till they're golden brown..
- If you end up with leftover feta, put it in a glass container, cover the surface with olive oil and keep it in the fridge for 4 to 5 days..
Tomato Savory Hand Pies made with flaky pie crust and herb infused goat cheese. At this point the pies can be frozen for a later use or baked immediately. If baking immediately, brush the tops of the pies with more egg wash, place in the oven. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and lemon juice. This is an amazing tomato tart.