Honey and Mustard Glazed Ham with Roasted Veg and Gravy.
You conclude roasting sauté Honey and Mustard Glazed Ham with Roasted Veg and Gravy proving 12 receipt including 10 as a consequence. Here you are do.
technique of Honey and Mustard Glazed Ham with Roasted Veg and Gravy
- You need of unsmoked ham joint.
- It's of potatoes (skins on or off ur choice).
- Prepare of parsnips.
- Prepare of carrots.
- You need of onion.
- You need of honey.
- It's of mustard (which ever u prefer. I like mild so I used dijon).
- It's of of mixed herbs.
- You need of bay leaves.
- You need of veg stock or the water left over from steamed veg.
- You need of big pinch of cracked black pepper.
- It's of cooking oil.
Honey and Mustard Glazed Ham with Roasted Veg and Gravy individually
- cover the ham in water and add the pepper and herbs. boil for 2 hours turning every half hour and check the water level doesn't drop below half way.
- drain of the ham and place in a tray with aluminium foil loosely on top. bake for half hour at 200°c. keep 150ml of the water the ham is cooked in.
- peel the carrots and parsnips and chop up chuncky the same size as the potatoes. do the same with the onions (peeled of course).
- after the ham has been in the oven for half hour remove foil, rotate and add the veg around the ham in the tray and drizzle the veg with 3 tbsp of the oil. place back in the oven for another half hour.
- mix the honey, 1 tbsp of oil and the mustard together. with a pastry brush or just rub with the back of a teaspoon, drizzle over the top of the ham and rub all over.
- mix the veg around (with a little bit more honey if u like) and put back in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- remove and cover the ham to rest and crisp up the veg or reduce the temp on the oven if they are already to your liking.
- after emptying the tray of everything, add the veg water and ham stock and mix around on the hob using a fork or spatula to bring up the sticky bits from the bottom. I cheat and use gravy granules to thicken (bisto chicken granules) and remove from heat. stir until smooth.
- I served mine with green beans (used the leftover water in the gravy).
- and of course the leftover ham is for my sandwiches tomorrow with either apple sauce or mustard.