Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya. My chicken, chorizo and prawn jambalaya is a quick one-pot dinner with loads of flavour! Mix rice with chicken, prawns, veg and Cajun seasoning for a super-tasty dinner! Use the next day - either thoroughly re-heated, or eaten cold for a packed lunch.
Tonight I have over my other au pair friend Lanica to help me with this very hands on Southern Soul food dish! A classic Cajun dish combining the holy trinity of pepper and celery with diced chicken, chorizo, rice and prawns, flavoured with a smoky blend of Chilli Powder, herbs and spices, all cooked in one pan for a really tasty meal for everyone. Chicken, Prawn & Chorizo Jambalaya recipe: The most famous dish from New Orleans with a rich flavour. You create brewing deep fry Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya employing 16 ingredients moreover 3 and. Here you are finish.
modus operandi of Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya
- It's 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It's 2 of chicken breasts diced.
- You need 150 g of smoked sausage sliced.
- It's 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper diced.
- It's 1 of green pepper diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It's 2 of heaped teaspoons smoked paprika.
- It's 200 g of rice.
- Prepare 400 g of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It's 450 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 150 g of prawns peeled and deveined.
- It's of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chives.
Jambalaya was descended from the Spanish paella then adapted to the local environment so instead of saffron, it makes use of tomatoes, as well The main ingredients of jambalaya are rice, meat, and vegetables, but there is also a wide variety of what these are. It always has the holy trinity of Creole. Chicken Jambalaya Recipe, Learn how to make Prawn and Chicken Jambalaya Its absolutely delicious recipe of Prawn and Chicken Jambalaya. This quick family meal is so easy.
Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya ingredients
- Place the olive oil in a large pot and gently warm over a medium heat Add in the garlic, tomato puree and chicken Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add in the smoked sausage, onion, peppers, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika Cook for a further 8 minutes Stir in the rice, chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes covered or until the rice is tender Season with salt and pepper Stir in the prawns and chives and cook for 5 minutes.
Mix rice with chicken, prawns, veg and Cajun seasoning for a super-tasty dinner! Stir in rice, chicken stock and smoked chicken drumsticks. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more Tabasco, if desired. Lift the lid to check that the dish isn't too dry. I have found so many "Jambalaya" recipes that add really strange and non traditional ingredients and then forget what makes Jambalaya what it is.the spices.