Greek Orzo with chicken and kale. Jump To Recipe • Print Recipe. Lightly tomato-sauced-up orzo baked in a skillet with red peppers, kale, chicken - or chickpeas - and a topping of feta, lemon juice, and fresh dill is something that I am never disappointed to eat on a chilly weeknight in November. This simple recipe combines chicken, kale and lemon in a unique way that will have your tastebuds in a frenzy.
If i make it again I would put a little chicken stock with the kale and garlic while it is cooking. My garlic burned and the kale was not soft and tender. This One Pot Greek Chicken Orzo is a perfect midweek meal. You make frying scald Greek Orzo with chicken and kale using 20 compound furthermore 6 as well as. Here you go do.
receipt of Greek Orzo with chicken and kale
- It's of Chicken.
- It's 5-6 of boneless chicken thighs.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed to a paste.
- It's 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare of Orzo.
- It's 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It's 1 of red pepper, chopped.
- You need A few of handfuls of kale.
- Prepare 6-8 stalks of flat leaf parsley - stalks and leaves separated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 200 g of orzo.
- You need 600 ml of veg stock.
- It's 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato purée.
- It's 1 handful of feta.
- It's Half of a lemon.
It's quick, delicious and loaded with Greek flavors. A Sunday Greek favorite: Chicken and Orzo cooked in tomato. An easier version you can make even on weeknights. Rinse the chicken with some wine or water and dry with a paper towel.
Greek Orzo with chicken and kale technique
- Prep the chicken by placing the thighs in an oven proof dish- mix the garlic, chilli, oregano, oil and seasoning and coat the chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove the foil. Turnover the chicken and bake open for another 5 minutes..
- Heat some oil in an ovenproof skillet. Fry off the onions until soft..
- Add the garlic, pepper, kale, chopped parsley stalks and seasoning and fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the oven and chop into small pieces..
- Add the orzo, tomato purée, tinned tomatoes, chicken and veg stock. Mix well..
- Sprinkle the feta on the top and bake covered in the oven at 180 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the parsley leaves and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with a green salad..
Greek Orzo Salad is perfect to make year-round and it goes perfectly with grilled chicken. It's a healthy and filling, veggie-packed pasta salad, and of course if you want to make it even healthier you could go with a whole wheat or high fiber orzo, you can also switch up the type of pasta (rotini, macaroni and. Take your first bite and set sail for a dinner-table tour of the sunny Greek isles. Juicy Greek lemon chicken with orzo, fresh spinach, cucumbers, and tomatoes make this a dinnertime WINNER! This easy Greek lemon chicken is so flavorful and juicy.