Low-Calorie Tonkatsu (Japanese style pork cutlet in bread crumbs). Great recipe for Low-Calorie Tonkatsu (Japanese style pork cutlet in bread crumbs). My kids love Tonkatsu- Japanese style deep fried pork cutlets but I hate to deep fry, with all the extra oil and calories, So I pan-fried and let the oven do the rest. You can cut extra calories by using.
It is pork chop breaded with flour, egg, and Panko (bread crumbs), then deep fried. It's not the healthiest food but rather comfort food. There are a lot of nice Tonkatsu restaurants in Japan, but it might be hard to find one in the US since it's such a specialized store. You fulfill simmering steam Low-Calorie Tonkatsu (Japanese style pork cutlet in bread crumbs) accepting 6 ingredients along with 5 also. Here is how you conclude.
process of Low-Calorie Tonkatsu (Japanese style pork cutlet in bread crumbs)
- It's 250 g of Pork tenderloin.
- It's of salt and pepper.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil for frying.
Coat with flour, then dip into egg, and finally coat thoroughly with Panko. Flip pork chop once more in the bread crumbs and apply pressure again. If the pork chop is thick, stand it on each edge in the bread crumbs to cover the sides as well as possible. Place pork chops into the hot oil.
Low-Calorie Tonkatsu (Japanese style pork cutlet in bread crumbs) little by little
- Season the pork with salt and pepper on all sides and dust with flour. Beat the egg and dip the pork in it before rolling it a tray with panko bread crumbs..
- Take the pork out and transfer on a baking tray and cook in the oven preheated to 160 C for 20 minutes or until done. (If you are using a meat thermometer, the center should be about 70 C).
- Heat the skillet with vegetable oil on medium high heat. Pan fry the pork until golden brown on all sides..
- Let it rest on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before cutting. (If you leave it on the baking tray the crust will get moist from the juices of the meat).
- Cut and serve with shredded cabbage (The Japanese way!) To be served with Tonkatsu sauce if you have it, if not soy sauce is also OK..
Continue frying until the outside is uniformly medium. Follow our Instagram: @fare_from_scratch Ingredients: -boneless pork cutlets -panko bread crumbs -eggs -flour -salt & pepper -rice wine vinegar -cabbage -tonkatsu. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place the panko crumbs in a shallow bowl.