New England Corn Chowder. While not as famous as New England's clam chowder, this corn chowder recipe is every bit as delicious. Bring up to a gentle simmer, reduce heat to low and cook, occasionally stirring, until the potatoes and onions are tender. Ladle half the chowder into a blender and blend into a fine puree.
Even my Aunt who has always hated Corn Chowder loved this recipe. You can use fresh corn if you prefer, but may want to add it in with the potatoes to cook, and if you This is how my mother made her chowder for years, and it was always greeted with pleasure and delight from anyone partaking in in. Gradually add milk to pan, stirring constantly. You can toasting seethe New England Corn Chowder practicing 8 receipt and 9 so. Here is how you do a bang-up job.
prescription of New England Corn Chowder
- Prepare 1/2 pound of bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, small dice.
- It's 4 of medium potatoes, diced.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 24 of Saltine crackers.
- You need 2 cups of milk (I use cashew).
- It's 2 cups of frozen corn, thawed.
- Prepare to taste of turmeric, S&P.
Add potatoes, clams with juice, and drained corn. Share: Rate this Recipe A hearty chowder that can be made in winter from canned corn. Served with corn bread and pickles or relish, this is a familiar New England supper. Try this New England Corn Chowder recipe, or contribute your own.
New England Corn Chowder compound
- In your soup pot, cook bacon over medium heat.
- When bacon is almost done, add onion and cook til translucent.
- Add potatoes and water, cook until potatoes are tender.
- As potatoes cook, crush crackers and put into a bowl, add milk and let sit.
- When potatoes are tender, add cracker and milk mixture and corn. Add seasoning.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Make it vegetarian, omit bacon and cook onion in 3 Tbs butter (or refined coconut oil to make it vegan).
- Serve with biscuits.
- To make fish chowder just add 1 pound of haddock or a chowder mix of any white fish when adding the crackers and corn..
So I made this amazing New England Bacon Corn Chowder for the first time this week. This recipe is adapted from a corn chowder recipe from Peter Christian's Tavern in New London, NH. I love publishing great regional recipes, helping preserve our New England culinary heritage. Corn chowder is a creamy soup that uses corn as its primary ingredient. Other ingredients include onion and celery as well as milk, cream or butter that gives it its creamy consistency.