Dairy Free New England Seafood Chowder. We find many ways to prepare the abundance of fresh seafood available in our area, and this "fish chowdy" is a hearty favorite. Featuring a flavorful combination of haddock, shrimp and scallops, the chowder is great to serve to a group. Healthy home-made New England seafood chowder with clams, fish, celery and potatoes in a light creamy soup Here is a recipe for Healthy New England Seafood Chowder you are going to want to save!
We recently returned from a trip to Cape Cod, where we were both very disappointed about not being able to eat the cream-filled clam chowder as a result of our IBS. And oh man, I love clam chowder. Lately I've been obsessing about it and I've had a recipe idea jumping around in my head for sometime now. You perform grilling doctor Dairy Free New England Seafood Chowder practicing 14 instructions furthermore 5 furthermore. Here you are fulfill.
compound of Dairy Free New England Seafood Chowder
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion.
- It's 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 2 of medium red potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of frozen calamari rings.
- It's 1 cup of frozen small scallops.
- You need of I cup frozen clams.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of large tbsp (scoop) dairy free butter.
- It's 1 jar of clam juice.
- You need 1 cup of dairy free milk.
- It's 16 oz of dairy free half and half.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
This week I finally brought this idea to reality and made an amazing bowl of dairy-free clam chowder that knocked my socks off. This New England Seafood Chowder recipe creates a versatile and tasty soup, that is perfect for warming up on a cold winter day. I personally love the crunch and extra saltiness they give! New England Seafood Chowder: A Versatile Family Meal.
Dairy Free New England Seafood Chowder receipt
- Chop up the onions and celery: set aside..
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in pan, while oil is heating up chop the potatoes and set aside..
- Once the oil is heated add the onions, celery, salt and pepper. Saute until onions are translucent or for about 7 minutes. Lower to medium high heat..
- Add the potatoes, clams, scallops and calamari rings. Stir together on a low saute for about 5 minutes..
- Add clam juice, dairy-free half and half, dairy-free milk, dairy-free butter and bay leaf. Bring to quick boil. Once boiling reduce heat to medium and let cook/simmer until potatoes are soft. Add salt and pepper as needed..
Since, my Mom is from Maine, chowders were. Try this New England Seafood Chowder recipe, or contribute your own. Cover tightly and refrigerate.) Bring chowder to simmer. This dairy free chowder is a bowl of comfort for sure! Especially when it's packed full of seafood, both of our favorites.