Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs. Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish Great recipe for Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs. This is possibly one of the easiest one pot meals I've tried so far. Recipe adapted from : Bev Weidner (mom wins) from foodnetwork.com Mini Meatball and Orzo Soup is a cozy bowl of savory broth with Italian sausage meatballs and orzo pasta.
Mini meatballs mingle among orzo, parsnips, spinach, and more veggies in this Italian wedding soup that'll turn any dinner into an occasion. This simple riff on a the classic spaghetti and meatballs is an easy meal you can make on any given weeknight. There's a ton of flavor in the sausage meatballs, great texture with the orzo and sundried tomatoes, and some hearty greens to bind the whole thing together. You bring about sizzling griddle Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs applying 10 prescription than 3 together with. Here you are perform.
technique of Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs
- It's 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It's 3 links of Italian sausage, casings removed.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 cup of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped.
- You need of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- You need of Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving.
I like that this recipe doesn't require a lot of pots and pans to make, too. Besides cooking the orzo in a pot, you really. Roll out small meatballs and set aside. Add the stock and potatoes and bring to a boil.
Orzo and Mini Sausage Meatballs instructions
- For the meatballs, just pinch off about 1 tsp of sausage and roll it into a ball. Place it on a plate and do the same with the rest of the sausage. Each link will give you 9-12 mini meatballs..
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid. Once its hot, add the sausage meatballs to the pan and roll them around often as they cook until they are nicely browned on all sides. Then stir in the garlic to the pan. Once its fragrant, increase the heat to med-high and Add the orzo to the pan..
- Cook and stir often to lightly toast the orzo, then stir in the broth, cream, salt and pepper. Place the lid on while it comes up to a low boil. Once it begins to bubble, drop the heat down to med-low. Let this simmer for 5 minutes, stirring halfway to make sure the orzo isn't sticking to the pan. After the 5 minutes, stir in the spinach and place the lid back on for another 2-4 minutes, until the orzo is al dente. Then stir in the lemon juice, remove it from the heat and serve..
These cute little mini Italian sausage meatballs were perfect in this soup. If you don't want the Italian sausage meatballs regular meatballs would work too. We love the flavor the sausage adds to this dish. Think Italian Wedding soup with an extra Italian hint. We love the soup with a green side salad to complete the meal.