Meatballs with Couscous. Spooned over a bed of couscous, these Mediterranean meatballs are extra quick and flavorful, infused with a mint and yogurt sauce. Put the couscous in a large heatproof bowl, then rub in the butter and harissa. Serve meatballs and any pan juices with couscous, carrots, and lemon wedges.
In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs; drain. In the same skillet, brown onion in oil. In a Dutch oven, combine the greens mixture, meatballs, stock, vinegar, pepper flakes and pepper. You fulfill toasting braise Meatballs with Couscous adopting 9 ingredients so 4 moreover. Here you go gain.
compound of Meatballs with Couscous
- It's 1/2 cup of Couscous : or more - you can store the leftovers.
- It's 1 cup of stock :.
- It's of beef Meatballs : I had meatballs.
- It's 1 of Onion : diced.
- You need 1 jar of Pasta Sauce : whatever you fancy ,.
- It's 1 cup of Veggies Peas corn beans carrot Frozen : , , , ,.
- It's 1/4 cup of Raisins :.
- It's to taste of Salt pepper and.
- Prepare of Oil.
Add the lemon zest and olives and. Meanwhile, make the couscous, if desired: Cook according to package directions, fluff gently and stir in butter and raisins. Season with salt and cinnamon, and toss well. Take the meatballs out of the oven and stir them into the sauce.
Meatballs with Couscous compound
- To some heated oil, add the onions and saute until they have softened. Next add in the meat balls and allow it to brown up on the outside and cook through... I gave maybe 5-7mins, and then added the frozen veggies, raisins and the jar of tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- I put the lid on it, so that everything especially the meatballs could cook through.Turn the flame down to medium low.
- While the meatballs were cooking, I brought a cup of stock to a boil, and added the couscous, put a lid on it and turned off the heat. The couscous will take a few mins and will be ready to serve, don't mush it with a spoon, fluff it.
- I walked away from the stove to give D a bath and let her play a bit and she was ready to dig into dinner when it was served. When it is time to serve, add some couscous to the plate or bowl, and top it with a meatball, some sauce, and include the raisins and the veggies..
Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl and pour over the hot chicken stock and lemon juice. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, cinnamon, orange zest, and remaining salt and pepper. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer until ready to eat (I find that simmering longer tends to add more flavor and tenderness to the meatballs). Basic meatballs go global in this Moroccan-spiced dinner. Meatballs are flavored with warm spices like cinnamon, cumin, coriander and ginger, and then simmered in a homemade tomato sauce for an exotic-tasting dish that pairs perfectly with couscous or orzo.