Meatball Pasta Bake. Ready for a meatball pasta bake? This one will feed you for days with its cheesy goodness and meatball heartiness. And we're gonna go with versatility on this one.
I did not have pepperoni which would have added flavor but it was great and easy. I would add a little more water to the sauce because we like the pasta very moist. The pasta I use for this dish is penne. You undertake simmering parch Meatball Pasta Bake adopting 14 method together with 11 together with. Here is how you conclude.
process of Meatball Pasta Bake
- It's 150 g of pasta dried pieces / 5 oz ..
- Prepare 250 g of Low fat (<5%) meatballs (about 16, halve and re-roll if larger meatballs used) / 10 oz ..
- Prepare 175 g of pickling onions (about 8 - sliced) / 6 oz ..
- It's 150 g of celery (cut 3 times lengthways then across the grain into cubes) / 5 oz ..
- You need 150 g of mushrooms (cubed) / 6 oz ..
- It's 200 g of tomatoes chopped / 7 oz . (½ x 1 can).
- Prepare 2 of babybel light (chopped into about six pieces each).
- It's 175 ml of water boiling / 6 fl . oz ..
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic salt ground and.
- It's 1 teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs *.
- It's 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cornstarch cornflour /.
- You need of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
I like it because it holds it's shape well and holds the sauce as well. Make sure to cook it to just before al dente (so that you can see just a little ring of uncooked pasta in the middle when you bite into it - this will ensure the pasta is perfectly finished off in the oven. If you're looking for a meal that the whole family will demolish, this Smoky Meatball Pasta Bake is just the thing! Smoky Meatballs in a tangy tomato sauce, baked together with rigatoni pasta and topped with lots of bubbling melted cheese.
Meatball Pasta Bake process
- Spray a deep lidded fry pan with Spray2Cook and put on a high heat..
- When the Spray2Cook is bubbling turn the heat down a little and add the meatballs..
- Stir-fry until brown on all sides and then ad the onion and celery. Continue to stir-fry for 4 minutes before adding the mushroom..
- After a further 2 minutes of stir-frying add the tomatoes and water and bring to the boil. Add the stock cube, garlic salt, herbs and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Pre-heat an oven (180oC / 350oF / Gas Mark 4)..
- Put the pasta into boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, drain and return to the pan to set aside..
- Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the meatball mix pan at the end of its cooking time..
- Stir in and briefly bring to the boil. Pour half the contents, but not the meatballs, into and ovenproof dish then pour over the pasta..
- Make sure the pasta is coated..
- Pour over the rest of the sauce and arrange the meatballs and cheese evenly across the dish..
- Put the dish in the oven for 15 minutes..
Sorry for that confusion with the cooking time! I just updated the recipe to correct it. This meatball pasta bake is a super-easy family meal that uses a small amount meat but lots of veg. Swap the homemade meatballs for ready-made if you like. If serving later, cover the assembled dish.