Mushroom and Cheese Empanadas. These mushroom cheese empanadas are made with a filling of baby portobello mushrooms, shallots, balsamic vinegar, raisins and fontina cheese. I used fontina cheese for this empanada recipe, it melts very well and also has a nice flavor that goes great with the mushrooms and shallots. I love to entertain and something that always works is an easy to make delicious appetizer like this Baked Italian Cheese Mushroom Empanada recipe.
Roll dough as thin as possible. Scraps can be re-rolled one time. Brush egg on empty side of circle, fold dough over to make a half-circle and tightly crimp edges. You get with it roasting fix Mushroom and Cheese Empanadas applying 17 compound also 8 also. Here you go do the trick.
ingredients of Mushroom and Cheese Empanadas
- It's of FOR MAKING DOUGH:.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of egg large.
- It's 1/4-1/2 cup of milk.
- It's of FOR MAKING FILLING:.
- It's 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1 of small tomato, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of white button mushrooms, roughly chopped.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of green onions., finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg large, for brushing.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- It's 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
You can view the rest of my posts on Parade here. Pasteles de Pollo con Verduras (Colombian-Style Chicken Pastries) Buñuelos Colombianos (Colombian Buñuelos) These empanadas are filled with shredded chicken, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and cheese. The recipe can also be made using leftover turkey, so be sure to remember this recipe the day after. Easy to throw together, these empanadas can be made in advance and even frozen if you wish.
Mushroom and Cheese Empanadas program
- TO MAKE DOUGH: Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl and add then cold butter, combine well until the butter is in small pieces. Add the egg and the milk gradually until a lumpy dough forms. Form the dough into a large ball, flatten slightly into the shape of a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use..
- TO MAKE FILLING: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the butter, and saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes for about 3 minutes..
- Then add the mushroom, green onions to the onion mixture and saute for another 5-7 minutes. Increase heat to medium high and add the salt, and heavy cream and heat for about 3 minutes, then set aside..
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll the dough into a thin sheet on a floured surface..
- Cut out circles shapes Place the egg in a bowl and lightly beat with a fork..
- Using a pastry brush, gently brush the outside 1/2 inch of one of the dough circles with the egg wash. Place about a tablespoon of mushroom mixture inside, top with some cheese, and fold the circle over..
- Pinch the edges together with a fork, then repeat with the rest of the circles..
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and lightly brush the tops with the egg wash. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown..
They're good plain, but outstanding accompanied by the luscious Romesco Sauce — makes all the difference. Remove from heat and drain any liquid from the pan. Make small empanadas for appetizers, or make larger ones for lunches on the go. You can use any kind of cheese in the sauce, but the combination of cheddar, Parmesan, and mozzarella works well. The traditional shape for an empanada is a half moon, with a braided edge (called a repulgue) sealing the crust.