Mince Beef and Onion Pie. How to Freeze Minced Beef and Onion Pies. Wrap the unbaked pies well in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and then into ziptop bags. Defrost in the fridge overnight and cook as instructed in the recipe.
Luscious minced beef and onion all wrapped up in a golden shortcrust pastry for a loving treat serve it with mashed potato, a green vegetable, and rich beef gravy. You can buy hand made ready short crust pastry or make your own This tasty and easy beef pie recipe will quickly become a family favourite. Part of the popular Fray Bentos range of tinned pies, this Fray Bentos Mince Beef and Onion Pie contains minced beef and diced onion, covered in delicious meaty gravy and topped off with Fray Bentos' famous puff pastry. You produce frying brown Mince Beef and Onion Pie applying 10 instructions also 4 together with. Here you go effect.
instructions of Mince Beef and Onion Pie
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot finely chopped.
- Prepare 300 g of mince Beef 12% fat.
- It's 250 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare Splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of tomato pure, ketchup in a pinch.
- It's 1 of Beaten egg yolk for glancing.
- Prepare 1 pack of just roll pastry.
Our Minced Beef & Onion pie is popular all over the UK, and it's no wonder. With its meaty minced beef, chopped onions and rich gravy, all wrapped up in a light puff pastry case, this traditional pie gets the simple things bob on. Minced Beef, chopped onions and rich gravy, in a light puff pastry case. Place the mix into your pie dish and the filling next, place on the pastry and crimp.
Mince Beef and Onion Pie program
- Fry the onion and carrot in the oil on a gentle heat until soft and starting to brown. Turn up the heat and add the beef. Brown the meat, then sprinkle in the flour and stir to mix it in..
- Add the beef stock, tomato purée or ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and season. Simmer, stirring regularly, until the gravy has thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6..
- Divide the pastry into 2 pieces, one slightly larger than the other. Roll out the larger piece on a floured surface, and cut out 12 circles about 9cm (3½in) in diameter. Use these to line a 12-hole fairy cake tin. Press the pastry circles down gently to make sure they fit the holes..
- Add a heaped dessertspoon of filling to each pie case, leaving room for it to expand slightly. Roll out the other piece of pastry and cut out slightly smaller rounds. Brush the border of the filled pastry with water, then press the top piece on, creating a slight dome. Press the edges together and crimp if you like. Cut 2 small slits in the top of each pie and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crisp, golden and slightly risen..
Minced beef & onion pies are very popular in the UK, particularly in London and the Southeast. They are typically served with mashed potatoes and a side vegetable, smothered in 'liquor' a thin dark brown beef gravy. Minced beef and onion in gravy topped with puff pastry. I have Mince beef and onion every Sunday with mash, veg and lots of gravy and it's my favourite meal of the week. Minced Beef Pie With Puff Pastry Recipes.