Hidden Veggie Meatloaf. Find & Share Your Favorite Dishes! A light and flavorful meatloaf made with ground turkey, lean ground beef, and plenty of bell pepper, onion, and celery is a great way to sneak veggies into your unsuspecting kids. Make several at once and freeze the extras for later.
Great recipe for Hidden Veggie Meatloaf. Added bonuses of the hidden veggies also include a deliciously moist meatloaf bursting with flavor. Click here to see what that means! You execute sizzling brew Hidden Veggie Meatloaf testing 13 instructions moreover 4 furthermore. Here you are consummate.
compound of Hidden Veggie Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It's 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of rib of celery, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 12-15 of baby carrots (or 1/2 cup carrots, roughly chopped).
- Prepare 1 can of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation or other types or remuneration for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this blog. This is a take on Bobby Flay's roasted vegetable meatloaf and also uses a similar glaze but with no brown sugar. The balsamic and ketchup glaze combination is a real winner. The BC recipe is streamlined and takes less time to prepare and with very good results than with Bobby's.
Hidden Veggie Meatloaf receipt
- Place celery, bell pepper, carrots, tomato sauce and water in a blender. Blend into a chunky puree. You want to still have some texture to the veggies, but you don't want them detectable in your meatloaf..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine the meats, veggie puree, breadcrumbs, eggs, and all seasonings. Mix with clean hands until all ingredients are thoroughly combined..
- Transfer mixture to a large casserole dish or foil lined baking sheet then mold into short, wide rectangular loaf (I go for about 4"wide by 8" long)..
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Top with a thin layer of ketchup. Return to oven and bake an additional.30-35 minutes, or until cooked through..
Broccoli gets such a bad rep. I love broccoli, and one of my boys does as well. Recipes where I can hide it away to get the ever so important exposures in? Healthy Hidden Veggie Meatloaf; Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl; Broccoli Cheese Quesadilla; Mini Crunch Wraps. This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.