Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken. Cottage Cheese with Flax and Agave. Cottage cheese is a fantastic source of protein, sure to tide you over until your next meal. The addition of omega-rich flax and low glycemic index agave nectar will give you that candy bar substitute you're looking for, as well.
Healthy Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos. Whether you are vegetarian or not, please try these tacos! Even though they are incredible simple they are also incredibly good. You achieve toasting spoil Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken practicing 17 method moreover 4 so. Here you are bring about.
modus operandi of Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken
- You need 5 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 5 ml of veg oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, cut into 12 wedges.
- You need 3 of peppers, red, green, orange or yellow, deseeded and cut into chunks of about 3cm/1¼in.
- It's 1 of x 225g/8oz can water chestnuts.
- You need 1 of x 425g/15oz can pineapple chunks in natural juice drained.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- You need 25 of g/1oz piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated.
- Prepare of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare of Juice from 2 tins pineapples approx 300ml.
- You need 50 g of cornflour.
- You need 4 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It's 1 tbsp of granulated sweetener.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
They are reminiscent of the flavors of a sweet pork taco but of course without the meatiness. Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe - Crisp, delicious, salty baked sweet potato chips make the perfect healthy snack. Homemade sweet potato chips are so good - made with only a handful of ingredients - sweet potatoes, olive oil, and spices. Our Best Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes Explore the versatility of nutrient-packed sweet potatoes with these creative and satisfying recipe ideas from Food Network.
Healthy Sweet & Sour Chicken singly
- To make the sauce, drain both the pineapple tins in a sieve over a bowl and keep all the juice – you should have about 250ml. Add 300ml water, then stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, sweetener, ketchup and chilli flakes until thoroughly combined. Set aside. Put the cornflour in a bowl and stir in approx three tablespoons (or more) if required of water to make a smooth paste..
- Cut each chicken breast into eight or nine even pieces. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the onion and peppers for two minutes over a high heat. Drain the water chestnuts and cut them in half horizontally..
- Add chicken to the pan and stir-fry for two minutes until coloured on all sides. Add the garlic, ginger, pineapple chunks and water chestnuts and stir-fry for 30–60 seconds..
- Give the cornflour and water mixture a good stir and add it to the pan with the chicken and vegetables. Stir well, season with some ground black pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook for 4–6 minutes until the sauce is thickened and glossy and the chicken is tender and cooked throughout, turning the chicken and vegetables a few times. Serve with a small portion of rice..
Save Collection If a craving for something sweet typically means devouring a candy bar, sleeve-full of cookies, or a tubful of ice cream, "healthy sweet snacks" might sound like an oxymoron. Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place! BuzzFeed Goodful Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. This recipe uses obe ata as the base for a spicy, warming chicken and sweet potato stew. View Recipe Photo by Alex Lau, Food Styling by Sue Li, Prop Styling by Kalen Kaminski This recipe blends sweet maple syrup with savory walnuts for a delicious sweet potato mash.