Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam. Amla Rasam or Indian Gooseberry/Nellikai Rasam is a mildly spiced healthy rasam (south Indian soup like broth) made from wholesome gooseberries full of nutrients and vitamins. Enjoy this with a bowl of hot steamed rice or as a light and healthy soup any time. Gooseberry or amla as it is called in north India or Nellikai in south India is a powerful super food and a powerhouse of nutrients.
Since I brought fresh Amla I was so tempted to try. I decided to try out and hide from my family till they taste it. In fact till the end no one noticed the difference. You fulfill heating boil Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam adopting 17 modus operandi including 6 than. Here you are do one proud.
procedure of Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- You need 5-6 of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of urad dal/split black lentils.
- It's 1/2 tsp of oil.
- You need 4-5 of large amla/gooseberry.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies/jalapenos.
- You need 1/2 inch of piece ginger.
- It's 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It's as needed of Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- You need of For seasoning:.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ghee/clarified butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 of dry red chilli.
- It's as needed of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of hing/asafetida.
SOUTH INDIAN RASAM WITH GOOSEBERRY- NO TAMARIND GOOD FOR DIGESTION VITAMIN C ENRICHED ALL AGE DISH WITH VERY GOOD TEST. See great recipes for Amla soup, Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam too! Tangy, healthy and light rasam or soup made from Indian gooseberry and some exotic aromatics like coriander, cumin etc., perfect with a bowl of hot steaming rice or even as a light soup to savor any time! Amla & Dal Rasam/Indian Gooseberry Dal Soup Rasam, my readers will definitely know my love for Indian style clear soup aka rasam.
Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam separately
- In a small saucepan, roast jeera, coriander seeds, urad dal and peppercorns in a little oil for a few seconds. Remove from pan and keep aside. Wash and clean the gooseberries/amla and cut them up into small pieces, discarding the seed. Transfer the roasted spices along with the chopped gooseberry and green chillies into a blender jar..
- Blend the chopped amla along with the roasted spices with a little water to a smooth paste..
- Remove from blender jar into a large saucepan and dilute with required amount of water (about 3 cups). Add salt to taste and turmeric powder, mix well and bring to a boil. Adjust water accordingly. Simmer for about 5 minutes (do not boil it too much)..
- For the seasoning: Heat ghee in a small saucepan; once the ghee is hot, add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add dry red chilli, asafetida and curry leaves..
- Pour this seasoning into the #soup and mix well..
- Mix well,garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and enjoy as a light and healthy #soup or serve hot with a bowl of steamed rice. Enjoy!! #wintersoup..
At mom's place, she used to prepare rasam daily for our lunch and she usually grind her homemade rasam powder in huge quantity. But at Mil's place, rasam dont have its place in daily cooking,obviously my husband dont. Nellikai Rasam Recipe is a absolutely delicious rasam made from Whole Gooseberries which is packed with nutrition and taste and most essentially an immunity boosting drink. Rasam is the South Indian traditional soup that is filled with the necessary vitamins and antioxidants to fight the pollutants in the environment and also soothes various minor ailments. Type : Side dish, rasam, saaru, charu, soup