Mjadra (Rice & Lentils). Mujadara is a classic Arabic recipe featuring cooked lentils and rice, caramelized onions, herbs and yogurt. It's a delicious vegetarian main dish! Mujadara, also known as mujaddara, , mujadarah, mejadra, and moujadara, is a lentil and rice dish of Levant origin.
Mujadara (mujaddara) is a signature Middle Eastern dish of lentils and rice garnished with crispy onions. This simple dish will surprise your taste buds in the best way possible. Mujaddara - Spiced lentils and rice prepared with long grain Basmati Rice, Brown Lentils, and warm spices which make this vegetarian meal rich, protein-packed, and delicious. You bring about stewing fricassee Mjadra (Rice & Lentils) accepting 9 prescription including 3 as well as. Here you are finish.
program of Mjadra (Rice & Lentils)
- It's 1 Cup of Lentils.
- You need 2 Cups of rice.
- You need 1 of Large onion.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It's of Rice ratio.
- You need 1 Cup of rice to 2 1/2 boiled water (low heat).
- It's of Lentil ratio.
- You need 1/2 Cup of lentils 1 1/2 to 2 cups boiling water (low heat). Depending on the lentils themselves - some need more water, add 1/2 cup of boiled water if needed until cooked and water has absorbed.
With crunch of toasted pine nuts, sweetness of black currents, and traditional crunchy fried onions. this comforting rice and lentils meal make perfect cozy and healthy. Mujadara is an arabic word that means "pockmarked." Basically it's made up of lentils, rice (or bulgur) and onions. And they say lentils cooked with the rice look like pockmarks (pimples). That's kind of a weird analogy for food.
Mjadra (Rice & Lentils) receipt
- Dice onion very small, add tablespoon of oil in the pot. Once oil is hot add onions on low heat and brown them very well; they need to look as though they are burnt but aren’t. (I hope that makes sense).. once cooked transfer to cool plate/bowl so they don’t cook anymore and set aside..
- Wash lentils in cold water and add to pot. Add boiled water from kettle and simmer for 10-15mins with lid on..
- Once lentils have been cooking for 10-15mins wash rice in cold water then add to pot. Add remaining water and onions. Salt to taste. I like my food on the salty side for this and it just brings out the onions in it. After rice and lentils are cooked through serve with a simple tomato salad. Enjoy 😉.
But nonetheless, the recipe is ancient and a very traditional Middle Eastern dish. Meanwhile, saute strips of onion in olive oil and add to rice and lentils. Stir in salt and pepper, to taste. You definitely will need the salt and pepper. You may need to experiment with the.